Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Nursery Theme

Well our nursery theme has finally been decided! We're going with a safari theme mainly lions and elephants, we went and set up our registry at Babies R Us and also at Wal-Mart . Babies R Us has the nursery bedding set we've decided to go with. It's called Cocoa Baby by Lambs & Ivy and has soft earth tones like sage and green and browns we're both pretty excited. It's just too cute. So I'm debating painting the nursery room either a soft sage or maybe a tan, leaning more towards a soft tan I think, right now the room is off white but we're ready for a change. Lol. Of course our guest room is going to be moved to our spare room and the nursery will be put in the current guest room but it'll have plenty of room for everything.
Downside to registering is it's so hard to judge clothing sizes, we really didn't register for that many clothes because Jeff and his brothers were all 10 pound babies and his brother's son weighed 10 pounds 10 ounces when he was born....so we were worried we'd register for all of this 0-3 months clothes to discover he'll need 3-6 months at birth....well I guess there are no guarantees huh? So we're just not really choosing clothes yet, but we found some adorable outfits and sleepers and bibs, they have so much cute baby stuff anymore!
After browsing at several locations for a gliding rocker, we found one we like at our local furniture store Mills Park Centre, they are just wonderful, so nice and friendly and helpful! They ordered the glider for us so we got to choose the fabric and rocker style and wood type as well. I'm so excited! Of course it'll be a month before it comes in but by then I plan to have the guest room emptied out and repainted so all we have to do is start putting the nursery in. I have big plans we'll see if Logan will let me feel well enough to accomplish them lol. I've still been pretty exhausted but I'm starting to get some more energy. Who knows? I may nest and completely repaint the house! Perhaps not. We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are moving along in getting things ready. Do get too overly tired and take caution when around the paint. If you would like some help, I don't have Jordan on Fridays (Mostly) so I could help paint. Let me know. Greens and tans sound like what I had in mind. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hey! You got some good ultrasound pics there! Sooooo cool! I'm happy for you two, and can't wait 'til the little guy makes his appearance. I love you guys!

Jason and Megan said...

I'm so happy your getting to do all the things I wanted to do but didn't have the money or space. It sounds like your starting to feel much better, I'm glad! Let me know when your baby shower gets schedules so that we can come down and shower you and logan with gifts. It's so exciting I get to be Auntie Megan on the Strickland side now!! :) hehehe