Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26, 2009

Well it is now sleeting and icy and just plain nasty outside, thankfully our doctor appointment was this morning not this afternoon!
The doctor appointment went well, he seemed pretty happy with my weight gain...or minimal weight gain I guess I should say, I've gained 8 pounds & 8/10ths per their records since I got pregnant, so from my last appointment to now they say I've gained 8/10ths of a pound, of course per my scale at work it's more like 3 or 4 pounds....but he's happy so I'll be happy.
He measured my uterus I'm at 27 cm.....which I don't think means a whole lot it's just my starting point so they can monitor how big Logan is getting.....Logan who decided I needed to wake up at 4 a.m. this morning and didn't let me go back to sleep before my appointment....so I gave up and took a bath. Logan's heart tones sound good, nice and steady starting to slow down a tad from where they were, but baby boys run slower than baby girls so that's to be expected.
Learned a whole bunch of things today, namely that I'm probably not being kicked in the bladder at work every time I have to make a mad dash to the bathroom, but that I'm contracting! :-O So now I'm supposed to monitor those and make certain I'm not doing that too much, he showed me what one felt like because I had one when I laid down for him to measure my uterus and dopple Logan's heart tones....here I was just thinking it was my abdominal muscles making a valiant effort to work! Lol! Ah well.
My sugar tolerance test is in 3 weeks, and I'm also supposed to eliminate free sugar from my diet which kind of sucks since I don't really eat sugar anymore, I mean once in a GREAT while I will have some ice cream or some chocolate milk that is mixed with mostly skim milk....but those...well that and Dr. Pepper are my only vices in the sugar world, so now I get to lose those too. How sad, but then again I'd like him to weigh about ummmm 6-7 pounds preferably less than 8....because I have been drooling over some cute little newborn outfits! We found one at Wal-Mart that is a little argyle sweater vest with a button down shirt and little khaki pants...Jeff would have bought it on the spot if I had an idea what size we needed to go home from the hospital in....I may just buy one in newborn and one in 0-3 months for the trip home....Jeff's already concerned about putting shoes on him....so I have no doubt that when he is born sometime before he comes home that Jeff will be taking a footprint and going and getting a pair of shoes for him! Ah well, I know he's excited, he likes to look at the baby clothes as much as I do....but he won't admit it lol.
Next appointment is at the end of February, I'm still trying to get all of my calendar information back into my phone since it freaked out and erased it all for me....how nice of it. That's all for now.

No comments: