Friday, June 26, 2009

Wow! I'm a slacker lol!

I just realized I haven't posted a blog in 3 weeks! Oops!
Hmmn I guess I'll go in chronological order...when Logan was 3 weeks old he got a visit from his Great-Granny Westerhouse and his Great-Uncle Randy. He slept through most of it. But it was great seeing them as we haven't seen them in a long time. They both look and are doing great!
When Logan was 4 weeks old his Great-Grandparents Swann came down to visit. It was really nice. We went to Bella Peppers with Logan's Uncle Billy and Auntie Sarah and went back to their hotel suite and visited until Jeff had to go to work. But it was nice seeing them, we haven't seen in them in over a year & a half, it's been even longer for Jeff because he was out of town last time they came through the area. They had just gotten back from a safari in Africa and told us all about their adventures there. This was also the week our air conditioner quit working....so I felt like we were IN Africa!
Logan got to visit both my and Jeff's work on the night he turned one month old. He got to be held by Barry, Dara, Michelle, and Stephanie and he weighed in at a whopping 9.24 pounds (4.2 kg), but then they had patients so we went to Jeff's work where he got to meet Lacey and Amanda...he slept through both places which was kind of surprising.
Finally got our air conditioner fixed, a part either fried from a power surge or it got struck by lightning in a bad storm we had...but life became better after that!
Week 5 was pretty uneventful, we stayed in most of it, but we had Grandparent time which was nice. Logan got to hang out with Grandma Paula and Grandpa Don while Jeff and I took a nap after we'd all gone and ate Chinese...well Logan got his a few hours later, he's still loving that processed food lol but it was nice. And it was so nice of Don to help Jeff mow the lawn since our mower's deck broke...I was losing Gwen right outside the door, the grass has been growing like crazy with all this rain!
Yesterday was the first day of week 6, we went to my doctor's appointment...it was good, I'm released so I can now start working on P90X...I've already lost everything I gained with pregnancy but I want to be in better shape, so Jeff and I are challenging each other to do it....seems straight forward enough...I'll update on progress. Then we went to Babies R Us and bought shoes for Logan to wear to my Dad's wedding to go with his outfit..glad he was wearing the outfit he'll be wearing that day because the shoes I was crazy about looked horrible with it so we got some cute little blue shoes. Then we went to Cheddars and he slept through it all.
Have to do more shopping today...later today...make some important phone calls....and then hopefully sleep....but it's 0200, and Logan is asleep so I'm going to get the laundry in the dryer and move him downstairs and we are going to go to bed.

1 comment:

Grandma Paula said...

No, not a slacker, just a new mom with other things to do besides blog. He is such a sweetie. I am glad your appointment went well and that he is doing ok too. Love ya.